Launch

There is a myriad of news and information related to remote sensing and Earth observation that is relevant to many of the activities at BAS. Working out who might find this information useful or interesting is tricky given the breadth of science and operations we undertake.

So in an attempt to improve distribution of such material, I’m going to begin using a blog. It’ll mean a little bit of effort on your part to look at and read it, but at least it’s all in one place.

The intention is to post items concerning remote sensing and Earth observation in the broadest sense, which I (or others) think may be relevant to BAS. So expect to see information about funding opportunities, new satellites from ESA, NASA and other space programmes, new datasets, relevant bits of research and observation, new initiatives and collaborations etc. I’ll try to keep ranting opinions to a minimum and since it will be visible externally I’ll obviously be following public sector guidelines on blogging.

I’m keen to get contributions from others and am happy to open it up to other authors. So if you wish to post to this blog, or come across something that you wish me to highlight then please get in contact.

If you simply want to follow, either bookmark the page or subscribe to the RSS feed. Of course comments are encouraged.

Many thanks,
Andrew Fleming